Updates and information from Silver Wings, a small bead store, jewelry store, and art studio.



Second Meeting


Our second meeting went very well, filling up my store with bead people. The crowd was low key and I tried to loosen them up, but I don't know any jokes. I demonstrated wire wrapped rings and everyone practiced with copper wire and old buttons. Next week everyone has to bring some items we can recycle into unexpected jewelry parts; keys, watch parts, paper clips, board game pieces, money, coins, clock parts, old silver spoons, buttons, sea glass, playing cards and more. We will all make a piece of jewelry with these wierd parts.

I finished a bangle bracelet for a customer that traded scrap sterling. She bought a sterling silver fork at a yard sale for $1 and I curved it into a bracelet, adding recycled material when I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment